TIPS FOR WORKING WITH COPPRclay™
COPPRclay™, like any clay, is highly workable; but, because it's a metal clay, it has its own characteristics as well. Here are some tips for working with COPPRclay™:
- When you’re not using the clay, keep it in a water-tight plastic container along with a wet sponge or wet paper towel (a take-out soup container works great!). Make sure the clay is not touching the sponge or paper towel.
- Rub a dab of olive oil on your hands and tools before you begin working with the clay.
- COPPRclay™ tends to dry quickly. You’ll notice the clay stiffening and cracking when it begins to dry. While working the clay, refresh it periodically with a small amount of water using a spray bottle or brush. You can also knead a small amount of olive oil into the clay to minimize stickiness and to improve pliability.
- Keep pieces wrapped in plastic and placed to the side when they are not actively being worked.
- Avoid using tools that absorb water.